Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back on the street

I hit the pavement again today after a week long (unintentionally) break from running. We went on vacation last week to San Antonio. Babies don't sleep good in hotels and I realized neither do moms. I was exhausted most mornings we were away and wanted to enjoy what time I had with my family. It has taken me a couple days of being home to feel like I can do this again. It took a lot of encouragement from Kevin-why is that? Why can't I just get up and run and feel good about running for 30 minutes plus rather than stay on the negative and looking at how much further I have to go?
It was cool this morning and I wore a light jacket. The sun coming up was beautiful and now that I am finished I can't wait to get in the habit again of my morning runs. I will hit the street tomorrow.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Sometimes we just need some encouragement. I got Jen H. to convince me to go on Tuesday, and of course when I was done I felt great. I'm thinking maybe those of us doing the relay should try to meet up on a Sunday morning and run/walk together sometime.