Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For my girls

My parents began an extensive exercise routine about a year ago. At the time I was pregnant and could not step it up with them. But they were an inspiration to me. I suppose that is a role parents play. I know that this is the beginning for me, the start of training for one piece of a marathon. I will not be so bold as to foresee where this may take me, if I will ever run a marathon on my own or if I will forever be a runner rather than a walker. One thing is for sure, I want to inspire my children, to enjoy their bodies and marvel at what they can accomplish. In this day and age where children have forgotten imagination and the fun of play outside, I want my children to know how this feels-to come in from a run not worn out and out of breath but feeling good and alive.

On a side note it sprinkled on me a bit this morning. The smells in the morning are like the earth has been asleep and resting and everything is new today. It is going to be a great day!

No comments: