Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sunflowers

I teach natural childbirth. I really teach dads how to coach moms through labor and birth. They are the coaches, it is a complicated job to help a woman birth a baby naturally. My husband was my coach for both of my births, both natural. He is also my coach now. It is a beautiful snuggly Saturday and it would have been great to stay in bed, but he got me up and said he was proud of my efforts and how much running I am doing. That felt great!

I have slept for two nights straight and have realized how much energy it was costing me being up to nurse little M at night. Wahoo for babies sleeping through the night!!!

There are beautiful sunflowers along my run. They are behind an iron fence so I can run right by them, it makes me feel like they are in the zoo or something-caged. But they are so bright and cheerful, it is a nice change from the brick fence I run along most of the time.

1 comment:

nicole said...

Yea for sleeping through the night. Christa and I were just talking yesterday about babies and sleeping. We were marvelling at how we ever survive those months of no sleep.